Angina Community
Chronic Angina after Pacemaker insertion

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

I have had my pacemaker since 2005 when I was 19.  I was diagnosed with SVT and in the process of an ablation procedure the AV node was damaged when they attempted to remove the spare one I had been born with because they were right on top of each other.  The day after the procedure I experienced excruciating chest pain and had to be given morphine and sedated.  Since then I have been having bouts of angina following times when I may not get enough sleep for 3 or 4 days, or whenever I attempt to start jogging.  When I say not enough sleep, I would usually get around 5-6 hours for those stretches that seemed to trigger an episode, and when I attempt jogging, I only go for 60 second intervals and walk for around 2 minutes in between, for a total of 20 minutes.  So, I don't think I'm attempting to do too much at once because I still feel like I can go much longer by the time I end my routine.

I have informed my cardiologist about the situation but the most he has ever done is put me on low doses of Atenolol and Lysinopril, and tell me to take ibuprofen and take it easy until the pain subsides.  Needless to say I am fed up with this after 7 years and want to be free to improve my health without the overshadowing fear of "will this workout lead to a 2 week bout of chest pain".

So my question is this, has anyone else had similar symptoms or know what could cause such symptoms?  Any input would be much appreciated, and I thank you for the time you take to respond.

I have angina, some severe,
and to date, I refused an angiogram.

I think they should be able to tell now by all
my EKGs, but still not.

There are changes on the EKG, but todate,
I have heard different opinions.

Do your angina episodes appear and fluctuate for
days on end?  I have this too, weak, tired, dizzy!!

Keep us posted.
Typically the episodes last anywhere from a week to two weeks and the painful area's can fluctuate on a day to day basis.  For example, my last episode lasted about a week and started as a small pain in my right side at the bottom of where my lung is and from there moved to my entire right side, to just above my hip, to up in my shoulder, then to my entire chest before finally fading.  

And yes normally I also feel weak and tired but that fades for the most part after taking ibuprofen.

Did they suggest an angiogram because they thought your angina could be caused by blockages?