Angina Community
Confused

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Confused

I am 30 y/o use to smoke but recently stopped due to these strange feelings of anxiety that appeared after seeing my gurlfriend OD (didn't die but was dang near) but it went away came back after I got a steroid injection in my spine lasted for about 3 wks with palpitations and jumping frantic out of my sleep. Never returned until about a month ago I got gas really bad and has had it for over a month non stop with pains to my chest stomach and arms really bad mostly left arm.  No heartburn and nothing triggers it it is always there for about 7 weeks to the point I don't eat anymore barely drink anything! I've been to the ER like twice a wk scared of heart failure, heart valve blockage or anything else to do with the heart because the last 2-3 days I've been getting bad pain near my left chest and left ribs like throbbing. EKG heart X-ray and blood work up cums back fine no insurance no job because of this they keep referring me to a cardiologist but they are extremely expensive and local health doesn't do it, help I'm lost!!!!

I know God can move mountains but he does give us common sense!!!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
As the ECG, X rays and blood work are normal a major cardiac problem is ruled out. The chest pains can be because of stress and anxiety causing gastritis and heart burn. You can try taking antacids and antispasmodics which might help. Also a bland diet, frequent small feeds and an attempt to reduce stress will help. If symptoms persist in spite of these measures then a consultation with a cardiologist is inevitable. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Thank you very much!!! Just left the ER and they ruled it as muscle spasm/sprain in the chest area and ribs probably due to stress and anxiety I'm a nut case all because of these pains thinking its something more!!! I pray it's just that and nothing more!!!