Angina Community
Dull Chest Pain

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Dull Chest Pain

Lately I have been having dull chest pain(for say 2-3 weeks).  It feels like it is where my heart is, and is occasionally accompanied with a sensation in my left elbow.  I would actually call it discomfort and not pain, as it doesn't really hurt, it just bothers me a bit.  It never gets sharp or anything like that, just a fairly constant discomfort.  

For a little background knowledge, I am a 19 year old male.  I am currently on zoloft for anxiety and panic, and have been for 6 months or so.  I had my first major panic attack in months about a week ago, and since then the discomfort has seemed more noticeable, though I did feel it before the panic attack.  I'm starting to think that worrying about the discomfort is what brought on the attack in the first place.  

I have a physical scheduled for early next week and will bring this up with my doctor, but I just thought I would ask for some advice.  Thanks.
Hi i read your post....well you have alot going for you if you made an appt. w. the doc for next week w. a work up scheduled.  You have alot of things on your side here tho......we always tell anyone on any of the Medhelp sites to be very aware of chest pressure, pain or discomfort and to seek medical attn. for it...especially if you have ever had any family member who has had a heart attack at age 50 or younger......i would seriously just make the call to the doctor and if nothing else get a little reassurance over the phone from him/her and let them suggest what would be best for you....as long as you have no other accompanying symtoms (symptoms) i would be concerned but not necessarily worried here...call the doc just to be sure okay and let us know what they said.....