Angina Community
Echocardiogram Results

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Echocardiogram Results

Hi there,
To cut a long story short I have Carcinoid Cancer (with Syndrome) and was just wondering if someone with experience from the group can help me out with some information please regarding some ECG results that were taken recently on my heart to see if the cancer was effecting it in any way.  My GP tells me that the results are okay without any explanation of the readings at all, which I must admit that I'm not at all familiar with.
Anyway the readings are as follows:
IVSD (2D) 1.4cm
LVIDd (2D) 4.4cm
LVPWD (2D) 1.2cm
LVIDS (2D) 2.6cm
SUMMARY:
EF 71.9%
FS 40.9%
SUMMARY CALLS:
LV Mass (2D) (cu 215g bed)
LVM (2D) 94.7 g/m2
DIMENSIONS:
EDV 87.7 ml
ESV 24.6 ml
SV 63.1 ml
FS 40.9
EF 71.9
SI 27.8 ml/m2
IVS/LPW 1.17
LVM (2D) in cured 94.7 g/m2
LA Area 19.7 cm2
RA Area 16.7 cm2
VESSELS:
ASC AO Diam 3.3 cm

Not questioning my doctor or second guessing at all, but If someone could please tell me what these readings actually mean it would be more than greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, the ejection fraction is good. The ejection fraction is a useful measure of left ventricular performance. The normal range is 63-77% for males and 55-75% for females. It reflects the pumping capacity of the heart. There is evidence of a LV mass, check with your doctor regarding this. Regards.
Avatar_dr_f_tn