Angina Community
Heart
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heart

Been told heart surgery not an option to high risk lad fully blocked no where to do bypass still get chest pains and shortness of breath but been told I've grown new arteys is this possible in two weeks was not told this in hospital and been told there is no more they can do for me only the medication I'm on to keep me stable can any one help me with answers please has don't know what to do
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. While interventional/ surgical options are only considered when there is viable tissue present that can be renewed with blood supply; in situation where tissue is believed to be dead and non-renewable, stenting or by-pass surgery is unlikely to be of benefit. Also some alternative circulations may open up in situations where one artery gets blood to continue blood supply to the region and such cases are usually managed on medications. I would suggest discussing the situation, the suggested management plan and the expected prognosis in detail with your treating cardiologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Thank you so much for your time in trying to help me I'm now waiting to see
A professor of cardiology and see where I go from here
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now