Angina Community
I am concernced about my Mom, help please

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Hello, I hope you read this comment because I am very concerned about my mom.  She went to her normal physician a few weeks ago and the doctor scheduled her to see a cardiologist in about a month because the Doc thinks my mom might have an Angina.  

Well a week ago, she got a call from her brother (my uncle) that their brother passed away.  My mom was sad and mourning.  Ever since that event, she's been complaining of chest pain.  She says that whenever she does physical activity or moves in certain lying-down positions, that the chest pain becomes greater.  Her chest pain is not getting any better.  Also, a week ago she was complaining of pain in her lower back.  She beleives it's her kidneys so she started drinking a lot of water.  That lower back problem seems to have gone away I think.  Now she says that somewhere in her upper back like around her shoulder is starting to hurt.  I am very concerned.  Her cardiologist appointment isn't until about a month from now.  

To make things worst, she already has a vacation booked to leave the country for a couple of weeks.  Will she or can she be okay waiting a whole month to see the cardiologist?  Is it safe for her to get on the airplane with her possible Angina?  

I'm trying to keep her as relaxed as possible because her Doc asked my mom if she's been under stress.  What should I do?  Can this be an emergency.  I am scared.  

She saw me crying because I am worried and she got really concerned about which is the last thing I wanna do.  I'll make sure that she never sees me sad again.  We are of low income so she wants to avoid going to a hospital and having to pay huge bills hence her medical coverage doesn't cover emergencies.  

Please give me some advice.  Thank you.  
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. If the general physician has not expressed specific concern (assuming that an EKG has been done), the situation is unlikely to be of emergency and an appointment a month later should be fine. Meanwhile it would be advised to avoid stress and physical exertion including activities that aggravate the symptoms. A visit to the ER may be suggested, if there is development of acute symptoms.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!