Mum's Erractic Heart Beat on ECG
Hi All
I am new to this forum mum has angina and has had very bad chest so went to the Dr's today who sent her for a chest scan and ecg. The ecg showed erractic heart beat and cardiology will call her back, I am worried as to what this means, also has chest pain and for a while now is more tired and says she can not walk as far as her legs ache.
My mum has no thyroid and is on 75 mgs of thyroxine had the last half of her thyroid removed about 18 months ago.
I would be grateful to some feedback !
Lorraine
Hey Lorraine!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. Erratic heart beat may not specifically be something to worry about unless specifically commented on by the cardiologist to be of clinical significance of increased severity and if of clinical significance, management would depend on the type and severity of irregularity. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with her treating cardiologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!