Numb-feeling heart
My son, age 30 (no chronic medical issues in past--good health), went to the ER with shortness of breath and what he described as a "numb" heart.  A CT scan was done-which was abnormal-so he's to see the doc on Friday.  Of course, I've heard of appendages feeling numb due to circulation issues, but I've never heard anyone describe a numb-feeling heart.  Can you enlighten on what this could be?

Hi there!

I haven’t heart of that either, though this sounds less like a heart issues and more likely to be related to other chest wall issues. Heart issues are primarily evaluated tests such as EKG, echocardiography, cardiac enzymes etc; while a CT scan would be more useful in evaluation of other issues related to the chest wall such as growths, respiratory tract issue etc. I would suggest following up with his treating doctor for further investigation and management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!