Angina Community
Numb-feeling heart
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Numb-feeling heart

My son, age 30 (no chronic medical issues in past--good health), went to the ER with shortness of breath and what he described as a "numb" heart.  A CT scan was done-which was abnormal-so he's to see the doc on Friday.  Of course, I've heard of appendages feeling numb due to circulation issues, but I've never heard anyone describe a numb-feeling heart.  Can you enlighten on what this could be?

Thanks
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

I haven’t heart of that either, though this sounds less like a heart issues and more likely to be related to other chest wall issues. Heart issues are primarily evaluated tests such as EKG, echocardiography, cardiac enzymes etc; while a CT scan would be more useful in evaluation of other issues related to the chest wall such as growths, respiratory tract issue etc. I would suggest following up with his treating doctor for further investigation and management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Angina Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949