Angina Community
Pacemaker Panic

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Pacemaker Panic

I had a pacemaker 3 weeks ago, I now have a raging yeast infection under my breast on that side. I also have small rash under the skin on feet and legs, some edema. I started diaflucan today, and have a 5 day supply....I am very nervous..yesterday some chest pain and Tackycardia, my culprit is Bradycardia, what put me in hospital to find out a mild heart attack...help do not want to go back to er, going to Dr Monday, today is Sept 10....how concerned should I be...I was in high anxiety, as I have also had 3 major back surgeries and in a lot of pain...so stressed!!!!
It would be very very normal for anyone to be a little panicky after getting a pacemaker inserted because you worry about it doing its job.  I am so sorry that on top of all of this you are going thru the issue with a yeast infection topically on your skin because that sort of adds insult to injury here but i am sure that the doc told you that yeast infections are super common and easily treatable...just a pain more than anything.  You definately need to keep an eye on the edema and the pressure in your chest those two things can be a little worrisome and making yourself nervous of your situation will only add to the mix here because anxiety will cause anyone to tach out.  Pacemakers very very seldom have fail rates so you should definately relax there and let it do its job for you.  I would say if the edema does not get worse and the chest pain subsides you need to tell yourself that this too will pass and like i said stress can cause alot of your symtoms (symptoms).  You need to completely back away from anything with salt in it and limit the time on your feet until you see the doc to see if the edema subsides and if not do not wait until Monday to see the doc i would go to the E.R, so they can check you out to find out if the edema is heart related.  I personally think that we all tach out when we get nervous or get that "white coat" tach as it is called when we think that we have to go to the hospital in not knowing what is wrong.  Any chest pain that is heart related cannot wait even the 48 hours that you are considering.  Good luck and let us know how you do thru out the weekend and like i said if either of those two symtoms (symptoms) continue do not wait...the peace of mind that you will get out of a return visit to the E,R, will be more than worth the money spent for peace of mind......