Angina Community
Pain In Chest

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Pain In Chest

In bed, I turned to lay on my left side and felt a sharp pinching pain in the chest of my chest.  Quickly rolled back to my back and it disappeared but in the morning the area still hurt and it took a couple of days to calm down - was it a muscle pull of some sort?  It's happened before and it scares me.
Just to be sure, you should ask your doctor, but I'd say it's extremely likely your pain is a pulled/stretched muscle and not cardiac related.

Cardiac related pain appear with exercise, it does not go away by turning around in bed, and does not feel "pinching". People in my family having angina pain describe it like intense pain in the middle of the chest (but spreading out all over the chest and up in the neck), like someone squeeze your chest, and it goes away during rest.

thank you - I was pretty sure that's what it is but I don't get why it happens.  It's right in the centre of my chest and it's very strange that I could pull a muscle there just from turning over - but it must be that................