Angina Community
Prinzmetal variant angina

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

Prinzmetal variant angina

I am looking for a cardiologist that specializes in Prinzmetal variant angina.
I am on high doses of calcium channel blockers and imdur. Relief has lasted about 6 months and now the spasms are coming back and are even worse then when I started treatment.
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there!

All cardiologists are well trained to treat any type of angina and it would be difficult to find a cardiologist who specialized in angina and still rarer a particular type of angina. Management in prinzmetal angina would largely depend on the severity of the symptoms and the associated cardiac changes. While most cases are managed conservatively, interventional therapies may be required in a very few cases. I would suggest discussing the situation, the suggested management plan and the expected prognosis in detail with your treating cardiologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!