Angina Community
Quite dejected over undiagnosed chest pain

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

I've had quite the bout of chest pain which has waxed and waned in quality duration and location.  Some times I've had crushing center pain (only lasts seconds)  other times I've had a dull ache that radiates from my left side to my shoulder, induced by exercise, other times not, sometimes I've had stabbing pains, other times pinching pains. I've ended up in the emergency room well over 50 times in the last year  (this is not an exageration) im 25 and have had every test possible besides a ergonovine test, a cardiac biopsy/mri or an angiography. The doctors say I am at low risk for an acute coronary event, but leave me completely in the dark as to what to do with my chest pain. All that has been found amongst the plethora of testing is an early repolarization pattern and now confirmed focal atrial tachycardia.... Is this chest pain psychosomatic? Am I just producing pain as my focus is solely on my chest so often? I do have a history of ocd and a panic disorder, but I don't see how they could produce such pain, it feels so real.. . Please help me someone, this is out of control and I just want to live my life.

Thanks for reading in advance
Hi there!

Will all tests negative, the pain/ discomfort is unlikely to be related to cardiac causes and other possibilities such as GI causes, neuro-muscular causes etc mat need to be considered. I would suggest consulting an internist for a detailed evaluation and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, this can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this helps.

Take care!