Angina Community
RUTIN

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

RUTIN

I've beentaking Plavix for almost 6 yrs. because of stents implanted in 2006. I want to take an herbal supplement caled Rutin, a bioflavonoid, to reduce bleeding henorrhoids, but it is supposed to act as a "blood thinner". Will it the combined effect be harmful? Thank you
Hi there!

Yes, the blood thinning action of Rutin may be associated with potential complications depending on the dose taken. I would suggest considering an evaluation with your treating doctor and discussing if rutin would be advisable in your case and the maximum allowable dose.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hi there!

Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Is Rutin all right to take with Effient?  It has been recommended to me.  I'm having a hard time finding it locally in Pharmacies which makes me wonder about it.  I'm not exactly trusting of "supplements" that come recommended by friends.
I appreciate any and all knowledge of this product, as right now, I don't know anything at all.  So Thank you for any advice that I receive here.