Valsartan in hypertension
Dear doctors,
My mother is 50 years old suffering from hypertension, and she's on valsartan 160mg daily, she's overweight and was advised to exercise daily and dieting she's trying to but not losing weight at all. However, she's slightly gaining weight! I was looking on the side effects of valsartan and one of them was ( Significant weight gain) so is there any alternative to this medicine?
N.B. : all of my mothers blood and urine tests are normal but slight increase in cholesterol
I hope someone can help
Thank you
Hi just to give you a little insight...this is not the doctors forum...Medhelp has an excellent doctors forum tho...all you have to do is scroll back up to the top of your screen and move into the forums page and you will see the site "Ask a Doctor" and thats no doubt where you will want to be.........they are quick to answer and i believe hail from the Cleveland Clinic one of the best in the world.  Good luck to you and your family