Angina Community
angina ?

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

angina ?

hello, i am 37fem with 3 kids. lately i have been experiencing odd pains in my chest/back(occasionally and scared it's angina.

specifically, started few weeks ago, i went for my pap test and got nervous when waiting i started feeling like "water" running in my chest and i believe i had acid reflux.

then on friday, i was on the bus with my kids and i started having pains like bruising up in my chest , got scared but tried to brush it off. yesterday i was washing my terrace when i had pains again in my chest, then all day my chest (esophagus) and neck area hurt but not at the same pain level. got to sleep with a terrible migraine woke up ok i decided to exercise in my treadmill, was feeling fine fine fine but after i finished and got off i had pain in my upper back no other feeling whatsoever. i did some jumping jacks etcc. and felt a bit of pain again when i sit down it went away. i know this is the description of angina but could it be my esophagitis? i neglected my meds and diet all winter and have been taking my meds again for about a month now.

could it be angina with normal to low cholesterol/high hdl very low triglykerides , negative heart disease in family etc...?

i had no other symptoms except in the morning when i woke up i had a burning tongue. i am of normal weight don't smoke or drink, stay away of sugar and fatty foods and exercise as much as i can with 3 kids. no edema anywhere. as i am writing this i am very very scared !!!

i have hashimots thyroiditis, gastritis and esophagitis , mild mitral prolapse, had a heart check up last year, was given the all clear.

would be grateful for any info.
I forgot to add that some degree of pain is constant still as we speak even though i am totally relaxed on my couch. And i always have normal bp / pulse
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Chest pain could be related to angina, GI causes such as infections/ inflammations, motility issues, neuro-muscular causes, causes related to the chest wall/ respiratory tract etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!