Angina Community
angina or heart attack?

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

angina or heart attack?

Three years ago I had a heart attack. Recently I was in the ER. They hookede up to am EKG machine and was told I will was told I was having a heart attack.y sister was there with me
The doctors gave me three all pills to put under my tounge. They kept over night. Took blood and placed me on a heart monitor, and ran many more test. I have two valves instead of three
I'm still having chest pains. Although they discharged me from the hospital
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? It is good that you were able to go to the ER while a heart attack was evolving. If there is a problem with the valves, further evaluation may be indicated.  There are several studies which show that heart attack patients may still suffer severe, life-threatening events over the next several years, even if they appear healthy and well. ( http://www.news-medical.net/news/2008/11/10/42666.aspx)
If this is the case, it is best that you discuss the management plan with your doctors, take the medicines as prescribed and have regular follow-up with them. A healthy lifestyle, proper diet and regular exercise may be very helpful. Take care and do keep us posted.