Angina Community
angina or heart attack?

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

angina or heart attack?

Three years ago I had a heart attack. Recently I was in the ER. They hookede up to am EKG machine and was told I was told I was having a heart attack my sister was there with me
The doctors gave me three nitro pills to put under my tounge. They kept over night. Took blood and placed me on a heart monitor, and ran many more test. I have two valves instead of three
I'm still having chest pains. Although they discharged me from the hospital
Hi there!

Well it would be difficult to comment on the cause of the chest pains without a clinical evaluation. These could or could not be related to cardiac causes. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician/ internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!