Angina Community
ldl cholesterol

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

ldl cholesterol

well i finually went to go see a new dr and she was nice she wanted me to do blood work and i she call and left me a message to call to come back on my blood test it said the my ldld cholesterol level 184 and noram level is 70-130. and i hava chest pain before that was not that bad. and it said that i could be at risk for heart disease but im alone 28 and i have low blood prusser probmles so why would this be happing to me at my age. i don't what to do? im scared i never had this happen to me before. but to i road my bike to church and when i got home i was so tired and i did not feel and i had a bad headach and my chest was hurting a little bit not to much but i did not want to tell my mom bc i did not want to get her all worried over nothing

Your LDL cholesterol levels are a bit high. If you are 28 years old, it's not very concerning I think, but it's a good idea to correct it, to make sure you don't get coronary artery disease when you get older.

You should consider some lifestyle changes:

- Reduce animal fat (meat with fat, milk, cream butter, fat cheese). Eat chicken and fat fish instead.
- Reduce sugar and white bread.
- No chocolate and caramel (candy is actually better as it doesn't contain fat)

- Increase fruit and vegetables
- Exercise. At least 30 minutes to 1 hour, 3-4 times a week.Walking, jogging, cycling and swimming is excellent.
- Eat lots of fish, especially fat fish.
- Consider Omega-3 supplements.

Try this, and see your doctor for new tests in a month or two. If your LDL levels are not significantly reduced, you may have familiar hypercholesterolemia and your doctor can consider medications.

How is your family history on heart diseases? If few family members have a history of heart disease (angina, heart attack, not arrhythmias) lifestyle changes will probably fix this.

Hey great post.....i think i need to pay attention too!!!!
Thanks a lot :)

I forgot to mention the trans fat (thanks for translating it by the way). Frogs1982, you should probably stay away from fries and cookies sold in stores (in packages). They contain trans fat, that is really bad for your LDL.