Angina Community
mild mitral valve prolaps

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

mild mitral valve prolaps

is it the dangerous heart disease
Literally millions and millions of people across this earth have Mitral Valve Prolapse or MVP as its called.  It is estimated that over 33% of all humans have it and in perspective for the majority of everyone that has MVP they will never have any issues with it.  That also includes myself and i am in my mid 50's and was diagnosed with it at age 15 with no problems at all.  It would have to be a very severe prolapse and believe it or that that is very unusual for it to happen.  Most of the time when people do experience issues with MVP it is much later in life when people hit their late 60's and older and in most cases that never happens either.  It just sounds bad and in most cases it isn't.  I would totally relax on this it is a very very common in most cases benign diagnosis....good luck my friend....