Aa
A
A
Close
positive stress test with negative nuclear scan
I had Lexiscan stress test today that caused me strong chest pains and I am told definite changes to the ECG. It was followed by a nuclear san that I am told was normal. My blood pressure remained at 179/110 for over an hour after the test. What could be going on here? I am scared due to very strong family history of CAD. I am a 59 yr old female.

I was scheduled for the stress test due to swell of my legs, shortness of breath and chest pressure.

During the crisis the MD presented stated that he expected to see a blockage on the scan. I guess he didn't see it..
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Since the stress test has been positive further investigations such as CT angiography to look at the coronary circulation may be advisable. A nuclear scan does not directly demonstrate a blockade but checks for the viability of the heart tissue, indirectly checking for coronary circulation. Also if there is a CAD diagnosed, since the nuclear scan has been normal, it is unlikely to be advanced/ severe. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating cardiologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Angina Community Resources