Angina Community
scared to death chest pains

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

scared to death chest pains

i have had chest pain since april, ekgs blood tests and chest xrays were normal but i am still having chest pain. im terrified what could be wrong and am going to the hospital. my heart rate is always high but my blood pressure is normal. whats happening to me!? i am so scared to have surgury!!!!
Sorry you are going thru this.....an ekg would have definately picked up anything related to a heart attack so you are clear there.... a blood test would have picked up clotting issues and the chest x ray would have picked up any fluid around the heart so it sounds to me like you have the green light here but obviously something is going on.  When you say your heart rate is high how high are we talking about here?  The human body is funny evils because usually if its an electrical conduction issue (which is how our heart beats) the blood pressure becomes lower and if its an issue w. structural parts of the heart or not getting enought blood or 02 is usually goes up.  There is no reason what so ever to think that you have to have surgery so don't stress that one.  Are there other accompying symtoms (symptoms) along w. the chest pain?  True angina is a crushing sensation behind the sternum and in most cases is cause from not enough 02 or blood flow getting to the muscles of the heart and trust me there is no feeling like angina.  If they are telling you it is not heart related then the docs need to tell you what it is.  Its takes ALOT to have to have surgery on the heart.  Alot of other things can cause chest pain....muscular for one if you repeatedly use the same muscle groups as in sports, the gym, anything that causes you to use the upper part of your body and many times one of the easiest ways to know is by pressing befween the ribs in the area that you feel the pain and if it hurts then you pretty much can count on it as muscle...other causes of chest pain can be smoking cigarettes, being a part of the 420 friendly group, a little infection that may come and go in your lungs, etc.  If you have ever had any family member that had a heart attack at age 50 or younger you would be in a higher risk group not meaning you'll have one just in a higher risk group....stress and anxiety is also another issue as well as not staying hydrated meaning not drinking enough water and i mean just plain water and energy drinks are bad bad bad for people w. any issues that may relate to the heart. I don't know evils but if you feel nervous like something is going on and are still having chest pain issues definately head to the E,R, and get checked out and tell them you aren't leaving until someone tells you what the heck is going on w. you...you have the right and deserve the answer...let us know what the doc says okay?  It is better to not take any chances w. chest pain for any of us and best for a medical professional to evaluate you...good luck and i'll be looking for your post.....