veins too small for stents
I have a friend who has had a bypss but it didn't help much.  After 1 year she went back to the same doc and hospital.  She has been told her veins are too small to have stents put in and there is no more they can do for her.  Any advise or ideas?  Ever heard of this problem?
I am a little confused here...stenting is done in the arteries are you sure its veins?  This just completely sounds off to me ...... if the doc is saying that the arteries are blocked thats one thing and the reason why they do the stenting in the first place to get sufficient blood flow and oxygen to the heart.....so when that doc is saying that possibly the arteries are closed off and what may be taken as "small" still doesn't come out right.  I would definately get your friend to get a second opinion on this because her life could depend on it.  I doubt i have ever heard of a doc giving up and saying that there is nothing else they can do for her...this makes no sense whatsoever because what is the plan then?  With medical science the way it is today there are so many options open to people.  To go back to the same doctor that had a fail with the bypass isn't saying much for that doctor.  If i were her friend i would help her to do research of top docs in your area with years of experience that do not know her current heart doc and make an appt. Her life could very well depend on this decision.....to me none of this rings true if this is indeed what the doc has said...she needs to fight for her life and not wait until something irreversible happens to her.....