Angina Community
vsd

WELCOME TO THE ANGINA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors and Treatment of Angina.

vsd

MY 5 MONTHS OLD GIRL BABY HAS BEEN DETECTED WITH VSD. WHAT ARE THE SAFETY MEASURES TO BE TAKEN?
Hi i read your post....believe it or not VSD is probably the most common of heart issues with newborns and is classified as congenital which obviously means the child is born with it.  Statistics show that about 6 out of 1000 babies are born w. VSD and as far as safety measures go i am sure that your doc told you that in most cases time is the true healer of this defect and in most cases of newborns or babies the VSD will close on its own as the baby grows....as far as what safety measures to take while your child is growing the best advice i could possibly give you is to go back to the top of the your screen on your Medhelp site and go to forum and click onto the site that says "Ask a Doctor"and post your questions there because they are pretty great at eeking out some wonderful advice...for me personally i just would not be comfortable tossing out suggestions because your baby is just 5 months old......i am sure your question will get answered...good luck my friend....