Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Aggressive sexual behavior toward dog
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Aggressive sexual behavior toward dog

I adopted a bunny a month ago that has been hanging around my yard for the past couple of years.  The bunny has gotten along with my two spayed female terriers fine until recently.  I started bringing bunny into the house at night in a cage when the temp fell below 50 degrees.  We now hold and pet it daily and feed it greens, etc.  The bunny helps himself to some of the dogs' food.  Last week the bunny started trying to hump one of the terriers.  It has been "spraying" their crate, my patio and the dog herself.  He won't leave her alone and is always trying to "jockey into position".   The other female dog tries to run interference and both dogs are starting to get very annoyed with the bunny.  Why did this aggressive sexual behavior just start happening?  Is he going through some sort of "season"?  I am going to get bunny neutered asap and I hope that does the trick.  What else can I do?
Type of Animal
:  
rabbit
Age of Animal
:  
unknown but at least 2 ye
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
unknown
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
November 23, 2009
City
:  
Oceanside
State/Province
:  
cA
Country
:  
usa