Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Aggressive sexual behavior toward dog

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Aggressive sexual behavior toward dog
I adopted a bunny a month ago that has been hanging around my yard for the past couple of years.  The bunny has gotten along with my two spayed female terriers fine until recently.  I started bringing bunny into the house at night in a cage when the temp fell below 50 degrees.  We now hold and pet it daily and feed it greens, etc.  The bunny helps himself to some of the dogs' food.  Last week the bunny started trying to hump one of the terriers.  It has been "spraying" their crate, my patio and the dog herself.  He won't leave her alone and is always trying to "jockey into position".   The other female dog tries to run interference and both dogs are starting to get very annoyed with the bunny.  Why did this aggressive sexual behavior just start happening?  Is he going through some sort of "season"?  I am going to get bunny neutered asap and I hope that does the trick.  What else can I do?
This is probably a male bunny and it is now isolated and within its social circle your dogs are his sexual focus. Spraying is also a male marking behavior.  GET the bunny neutered.  Fix two problems with one procedure.  

Also be sure this bunny is eating rabbit chow and not dog food.