Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Big Bump On Stomach/Side

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Big Bump On Stomach/Side
I've had my cat for about 8 years now she showed up at our door step 8 years ago and never left.About maybe a year or two ago(i know its a long time!) we found this bump on its stomach/side and its gradually gotten bigger we have tride to take it to the vet but it wont get in the carrying cage/case it attacks us every time we try.Today it was licking its leg with its leg up and i noticed the spot was a noticeable pink with some spots on it, it reminded me of uters on a cow..She has never had any kittens(that i know of) so im guessing she's spayed.
You have to take her to the vet, of course.  All long term, non-healing skin lesions should be biopsied.

Leave the cat carrier open in a conspicuous place so that she gets used to seeing it and is not frightened by it.  Try placing catnip in her carrying case to entice her to go into it.  

Other choices:

Feliway can also be used.  Feliway is a feline pheromone in a liquid or spray form that gives cats a feeling of well being.  A spray of Feliway in the carrier could possibly allow you to get your cat into the carrier.  

Lavender essential oil or spray is another choice.  A few drops or a spray in the carrier may also help.  A good choice is: "Ppp Aromacare Calming Lavender Cond Spray", available from a variety of sources including, Amazon.com.