Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Blister on puppy's stomach

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Blister on puppy's stomach

Hi. I have a 10 week old maltese-shitzu puppy. This afternoon I noticed a raised blister on her abdomen near where a belly button would be. It is squishy to the touch and I don't think it is a hernia since I can lift it up and separate it from the rest of her stomach. It is red around the base. It does not seem tender to the touch. She also had a loose stool this afternoon and at the end 2 drops of blood came out. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!
The blister on the belly is probably unrelated to a bloody stool.  However, either are normal.  Please take a stool sample to the vet because many parasites can cause bloody stool, such as coccidia and giardia.  You should also have the "blister"examined.
A few of my dogs newborn puppies have blisters on their stomachs. They started out small, they were red. Now they're bigger and some of them look like they have maybe busted. The tops of those are now a greenish yellow color. Can someone please tell me what this might be. And how to treat it.