Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Blood in urine and feces

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Blood in urine and feces
My grandmother died and was unable to keep her chihuahua dog, ally. My great grandmother took care of her until she was able to, and asked me to take care of her. We moved her down here, about two hours, and I expected her to be skid dish for the first few days but she is lethargic and there's blood in her urine and stool and I'm not sure if its because of nerves or what. My great grandmother never said anything about her being sick. I'm worried about her because I won't be able to take her to a vet until about 4 days from now. Please tell me if this is normal for when a dog is taken from their home or if I should take other precautions.
Good for you for taking care of Ally.
Unfortunately this can't be explained by the stress associated with a ove. A little diarrhea with even a little blood in it might be due to the move but when there is blood in the urine then we are naturally worried about bladder/kidney infections, or less commonly bladder stones.
While normally I do not like to wait when recommending a vet visit, if it is impossible for you to go sooner then it will simply have to wait. As long as Ally is still eating well then she can wait a few days.