Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Bump on side of back

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Bump on side of back
My dog has a small skin colored bump under the skin on the side of her back. It started out very small and about 6 months later it is about the size of a dime. She had a cyst on her foot when she was 2 but she wouldn't leave it alone and the vet gave her steriods to help it get better. It doesn't bother her and she can't reach it to mess with it. Just trying to decide whether I need to take her to the vet before her yearly exam. Thank you.
It is better to be safe than sorry.  Your vet can perform a complete biopsy since the dermal mass is not that large at this time.  The biopsy should be able to determine the type of mass and whether it is benign or other type of lesion which may require additional therapy.  Due to it's relatively fast rate of growth after six months, it is bound to grow larger and be more difficult to remove as it grows larger.