Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Can I give him baby aspirin or some other kind of analgesic
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Can I give him baby aspirin or some other kind of analgesic
What are my options here?  He is nowhere near the point of needing to be put down.  He responds to pain meds, and shows no evidence at all of having a life threatening illness such as cancer.  His symptoms present as arthritic problems, probably due to early life spent in a concrete cage with little exercise.  I am not exaggerating his energy level or his syptoms. I cannot agree to scans that I can't pay for, that would not change the outcome or course of treatment. I realize there could be liver issues with long term medicating.  But, I will face that if and when it appears, but in the meantime, he does not deserve to be in pain.  How do I get what he needs to lead a fairly active and pain free life?

I have always had big dogs.  Always rescued from deplorable conditions. I know about hip displasia and other soft tissue and bone issues.  He eats lamb and rice, not more than 2.5 cups a day.  He is just a big boy.  He lives inside and sleeps by the wood stove.  I don't know what else to do.  Is there any naturalpathic remedies that actually work to minimize a big dogs arthritic doscomfort?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Please do NOT give aspirin to your dog!

Aspirin can cause stomach (gastric) ulcers and internal bleeding which would not be helpful for your dog.

There are many pet vitamin supplements available over the counter, at retail and through your vet that are safe and effective to relieve canine arthritis pain. Various combinations of Glucosamine, MSM, Omega-3's, Hyaluronic acid and Chondroitan sulfate are wonderful for your dogs condition.

Dr Carol Osborne, DVM
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now