Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Cat biting on other's neck
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cat biting on other's neck

I adopt a new male kitten yesterday and my older cat (also a male) seems to be ok with his new companion. There is little hissing and no aggressive fighting. They even touch noses together and follow each other all around. However, my older cat often try to chase the smaller one down, get on his back and bite his neck. Sometimes it's just a minor bite but sometimes it does get rough. I'm really worried that he can injure his friend but I dont know what to do but to separate them. Could someone please give me some advice on how to stop this kind of behavior, please.

Much appreciated.
Tags: cats, biting, Back
Type of Animal
:  
Cat
Age of Animal
:  
11 Months
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Domestic
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
December 03, 2011
City
:  
Montreal
State/Province
:  
Quebec
Country
:  
Canada