Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Cat hardly eats
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cat hardly eats

I have a cat that is 2yrs old. She has had a healthy appetite up until the last 3 months. I took her to the vet as soon as I noticed her extreme weight loss. My vet said she did look skinny then before and to add 1/4tsp 2-3 times a week of Olive Oil to her dry food to give her some fat in her diet as I had been feeding her Indoor Formula cat food. I tried the olive oil and she would not touch her food. So I tried mixing her indoor cat formula food with regular food. She did seem to like that for about 2 weeks but now she will not touch it. My cat is still eating her wet food every day. She is very playful and loving. She follows me around everywhere I go and wants to be picked up all the time. Do you think she is lonely and that is why she is not eating her food? Or should I try a different dry food to give her?