Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Cat vomiting and losing balance
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cat vomiting and losing balance

My cat is 9 years old. He usually vomits at least once a week, usually a hairball. Yesterday after he vomited he lost his balance. Tonight it happened again, only instead of just losing his balance he fell onto his side and had a difficult time getting up. He was not able to stand at all immediately after vomiting. It was so scary. He seems to be fine again now. I have an appointment for him with the vet. What could cause my cat to start losing his balance and fall over onto his side after vomiting? Is this usually a sign of something bad. I want to be prepared if it is a possibility of a bad illness because if it is it will be devastating to me. Since he fell over onto his side tonight I keep worrying that perhaps he is in renal failure or something else just as bad.

I almost took him into the pet emergency and if it happens again before his vet appointment that is what I am going to do.