Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Cat with severe colitis
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cat with severe colitis

Hi there,

My 8 yr old female cat has colitis pretty bad. She was doing well on Hill's prescription I/D food purchased directly from her vet. HOWEVER, due to the numerous recalls I am not comfortable feeding her anything from that company. Currently, she is on Pet Promise Food which is a all natural food made in the US. However, she is having many colitis attacks. I am at a loss of what to feed her to prevent the colitis attacks. She did VERY well on the Prescription diet but I am just too scared for the time being to feed it to her.

Could you give me some advice and what food would be best for her. I also tried the Royal Canin Prescription Intestional Relief food but discontinued that due also due to all the recalls they are having.

I would REALLY REALLY appreciate your help with this issue on what to feed her and any other advice.

Thank you very much,

Marie D.