Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Degenerative Myelopathy

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Degenerative Myelopathy
I am 100% sure my 12 yo Corgi has DM.   His symptoms are identical to everything I read about the disease.  He's been exhibiting symptoms for about 9 months now.  Otherwise, he is healthy and happy.  I am considering investing in a cart for him.  Can anyone give me any advise or recommend an organization that makes them?

I would also appreciate advise anyone has regarding the next few months of his life.  

Thanks for your time.

Although there is no cure for degenerative myelopathy Acupuncture can be helpful.  

Acupuncture can help slow the progression of the disease and help maintain unaffected joints since there can be compensatory pain due to compensation.

Carts do work quite well though as do braces.  There are many to choose from and there are even places to rent them.  Please google for info.  You might even try searching for used ones listed on eBay and craigslist also.