Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Difficulty swallowing

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Difficulty swallowing
My dog seems to have a lot of difficulty swallowing when he eats or drinks and he ends up hacking and coughing most of it up on the floor. He also coughs up a lot of phlegm when he gets up in the morning and he purse-lip breaths.
He also has a bad mouth odor. I had his teeth cleaned about 8 months ago, but this is a different odor.
It could be kennel cough, or megaesophagus.  Please have him checked out by your vet.
It sounds like something is stuck in his throat-a bone or something else!  Have you tried looking in his throat to check if you can see something?  It's worth a try!  =D

Good luck!