Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Dog acting out of Spite???

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Dog acting out of Spite???

My dog has always slept in my bed because my husband snores and usually I will kick him out.  Ha ha.  Well, she would sleep at the foot of the bed on a pet throw.  WELL, recently, my husband returned to the bed...we got his snoring issues resolved.   We tried still allowing the dog to sleep with us, but it's just not working.  So we put the throw on the floor and told her she has to sleep there.  WELL, since then she's peed twice and this morning, I woke to her throw on the floor all in a ball and a couple balls of poop.  I was TICKED OFF.  Is she seriously doing this out of spite?  Are we going to have to crate her at night.  She's always had the run of the house, but I'm afraid we close our bedroom door, she'll pee and poop out of spite,    Just to give a background is adopted, we have her two years and she is VERY TIMID, but barks alot outside (beagle) to protect her territory, but if intruder came in, she's run fast away.  She was not socialized well it appears as a pup and we are not really good trainers.....
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
3
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
beagle/feist mix
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
May 15, 2010
City
:  
Boston
State/Province
:  
MA
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello-Yes, this does sounds like a behavioral issue which is not at all uncommon.

You might discuss this with your veterinarian who will be able to offer specific suggestions to help you with this.

I am also glad to discuss this with you.

Best Wishes,

Dr Carol Osborne, DVM
Thank you.  We have since put a pet bed in our room and she seems to be okay with that, for now anyway..