Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Dog ate Decon

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Dog ate Decon
LAst night sometime after 7:30pm my Beagle Taki ate a box of Decon mouse poison.  I took her outside this morning after my mother in law had informed me she found the box torn up and empty.  She doesn't seem to be any worse for the wear, but Idk what to do.  Unfortunately I can't take her to the vet til after my wife gets off of work around 6pm.  What actions can I take at home til I can get her treatment?
I hope that your dog is OK.  MedHelp Forum is not meant for emergencies, so I hope that your dog received the veterinary help that she needed in a timely fashion.  

Decon contains warfarin which is a blood thinner which can cause a dog's blood to thin so drastically that they may become severely anemic.  There are very effective treatments however, if sought in time.
Save the box as there are different types of decon.  call poisen controll in the front of most telephone books,  call your vet and ask what you should do.  Do not assume that flushing with water would be the best treatment.  It could actually make it worse.  Time is of the essence.
poison control # of 1-800-222-1222