Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Dog has excessive gas after anesthesia

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Dog has excessive gas after anesthesia
My dog had his teeth cleaned yesterday and was sedated for the procedure.  All day today he has had excessive gas, to the point where I can't hardly stand to be in the same room with him.  Everything else seems OK, he is eating and drinking, just still a little lethargic.  He is a big dog, 125lbs., about 7 years old.  We have his teeth cleaned every year and this has never happened before, so I'm just wondering if this is normal or not.  Thanks!
Your dog may have gulped a bit of extra air when waking up from the anesthesia.  If is just a nuisance for a couple of days but once it clears there should be no long lasting effects.