Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Ear blister

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Ear blister

I have recently felt what feels like a blister on the interior of my dog's ear flap.  I can't see anything either on the front or the back of the ear flap.  It is inside the flap and it seems to be getting bigger and heavier.  It seems a bit sensitive when I try to look at it...she doesn't like it, but other than that, it doesn't seem to be bothering her.  I looked for any kind of bite or exterior lesion, but I can't see anything.
what is your opinion?
Thank you.
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
10
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Golden Retriever
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
January 01, 2009
City
:  
Jupiter
State/Province
:  
Florida
Country
:  
USA
Blood Test Results
:  
All normal
X-Ray Results
:  
N/A

Sorry to hear your golden has developed a blister like growth on the ear flap.  Any time there is a growth that is changing for the worse, I recommend having your veterinarian take a look at it to determine what needs to be done.

This blister could be a infection, insect bite reaction, cyst, or ear flap growth.  By performing a physical examination, your veterinarian can determine the best course of action.

Thank you.