Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Elevated liver test results
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Elevated liver test results

My cat was diagnosed with a thyroid problem 2 months ago and put on medicaction to supress it's overactivity. In his recent lab work his liver enzymes are all elevated.  The vet wants to do an ultrasound to see if it's a tumor.  My cat is 15 years old and, while I would do everything I could for him, the vet bills are becoming very expensive. (We also have 3 other cats and a Mastiff dog) Should I try just regulating his diet? Could the elevated enzymes be from the thyroid medicine? If it is a tumor, what next.
Type of Animal
:  
Cat
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Medium hair, gray domestic
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
October 07, 2010
City
:  
Waterford
State/Province
:  
CT
Country
:  
US
Blood Test Results
:  
ALP = 67
ALT = 400
AFT = 118
Other pertinent test results
:  
He is currently taking PTU for his thyroid. Those levels the vet said were fine and Emmitt did gain a pound in the last month.