Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Female pee-pee's on bed and Male continuously marking territory

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

I have a 4 year old female named Baby. When we bought our house we noticed there was a spare closet area that we deemed to be perfect for our dogs bedroom. Usually when I change out comforters on my bed, my dogs get my old one. So, there is a comforter in their room. The problem is Baby potties on the comforter. My male, Max, does not. He knows the difference and knows you don't potty where you lay. But, this is not effecting her. The vet said it's just a bad habit and she's a brat. She only potties when they are left in there due to the weather or in the middle of the night if I fed and watered them too late and didn't give them enough time to potty outside. I thought about, and the vet said it might work, buying a puppy cot for them to sleep on and that way she'd have to get down if she needed to go potty if it was an emergency when we weren't there or in the middle of the night.

Also, my male, Max, is 5 and he's not been fixed, but pottying on door facings, etc. The vet said it's a habit as well and not hormonal so fixing him probably wouldn't help. Is there anything I can do to stop that. I've tried spraying vinegar around, but it doesn't seem to stop it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Before I would assume that your dogs