Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Fostering a senior, breathing heavy?
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Fostering a senior, breathing heavy?

Today we picked up a senior foster from a very small shelter in north Georgia. This shelter does not vet the animals at all, only gives a voucher once they are adopted. They have estimated her age to be about 8. The vet is not open until Monday. Although she is playing, eating and drinking, her breathing I somewhat labored and she pants heavily at times before relaxing. Could this be due to the stress of a new place? I know there is a good possibility of heart worms (not tested yet), anyone have any advice??
Thanks so much.
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
8?
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
German shepherd
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
March 10, 2012
City
:  
Woodstock
State/Province
:  
Ga
Country
:  
Us