Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Found Large, soft Lumps on 11 yr. old Golden Retriever
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Found Large, soft Lumps on 11 yr. old Golden Retriever

Today I had noticed that our Golden Retriver was limping on his back right leg, we know that he is older and felt that since the temps outide were in the single digits, his hips must be bothering him. Tonight I was noticing that he was having not only a difficult time getting up from a laying position, but also getting into a sitting or laying position...I got down on the floor with him and started feeling around his back leg, and came accross what I felt to be a large rolling lump just inside his leg close to the bend up high closer to his groin, he really acted like it didn't bother him for me to mess with it, he actually lifted that leg as if he wanted me to, then he layed down and about 8-9" higher I felt another one only slightly smaller and on his lower stomach, then my son was rubbing on his back close to the shoulder blades, and found another one...I am truly worried, I read here that Golden's have VERY high instances of cancer, and I know I have to get him to the vet, but I am so scared that my worries will be confirmed, is it possible that it could be somethig else other than cancer?