Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Greek tragedy

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Greek tragedy

Hi... Basically about 4 years ago i came to greece with some modelling work, but after seeing the way greek people treated the animals here i decided that i had to help them... Stray abused and starved animals everywhere, it just broke my heart.. So i dedicated my life to them and  have been living here for nearly 3 years and alday,everyday devote my time and energy to helping them.. The problem i have is that the local vets here dont ever want to help me out of office hours and find myself with emergency situations weekly.. I get very scared alone like that, and need some tips on what to do with poisoned Cats and dogs, as that happens daily.. I beleive i start by salt-water to make the animal sick, but only if the poison was not Warfarin, Right?
Also another problem i find is baby kittens in plasticbags alot and i bring them home and try and try to look after them, but so many times thay die in my arms and i just feel so useless.. I feed them, can make them toilet, keep them warm but so many times they just seem to fade away.. Some i save, Some i dont and it just seems so sad...
Any tips for kitten care, and i mean befor ethere eyes are open and even after

You should be highly commended for what you are doing.  It really takes a special kind of person to do this.  But you cannot do this alone!  Are there any local humane groups there at all to help?

I can send you a collection of emergency veterinary text books and other veterinary texts and to put you in contact with international veterinary humane groups. Please email back with information as to who you have contacted and the result, and I will try to help.

Please also email anything else you might need.  We have a large group of readers and I am sure they would be willing to help also.
First, Thanks... But No, i am the only group as i have a charity here that i run, we are a few volunteers as we are only an island in Greece with only 2 Vets... Only one of those vets can sterilise animals as i do this weekly with the strays for the future... Please do send me some text on emergencies, as really there is no one here to help me... My local Greek vet, the one that can sterilise cant fix any broken legs, he doesnt even have an xray.. He just tells me to put them down when they have a broken leg, its just all wrong... So, again please do send email and i look forward to your reply..

You are a truly magnificent person and what you are doing is so selfless.  I hope that you can get all the help you need.  May God bless you on your endeavor.
How do i email you, i cant find your details..
the best thing to do is to create another post.  The doctor doesn't usually follow through on a site after a response...Start a new post and she will answer.
Dear ExModel,

Medhelp needs your permission for the Dr. to contact you personally.  All you need to do is to  respond to the email and we can help you with the unfortunate Greek cats and dogs.   Thanks!
My email ***@****
Thank you for your time...
Hello again,  

Medhelp will not let you post your email publically.  You must respond to the medhelp founders privately by email to allow them to give me (Dr. Cheng) your email address.  Sorry
I have replied to Medhelp founders but i havent heard back!!! Is that becuase you are so busy which i can of coarse undertsand or is that because you havent received my details.. Sorry to be a pain..
Sorry about that.  They have not responded to me yet either about this.  I will contact them myself either post something here or if I have your information by then will contact you by email.  Thanks for your patience.  I also know that others on the forum would like to help too.