Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Help!!

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Help!!
My Yorkie got out a little over a month ago and is now around Forty days pregnant and has been bleeding on and off for the past three hours. There are no emergency vets around where I live is this normal? I called and talked to one an hour ago and they said it was early and she was either delivering something or having a miscarriage. What I need to know is the heavy bleeding nornal?  
Sorry for the late response, I am sure by now things have worked out. Heavy bleeding is not unusual immediately prior to a whelping, the main question is how does your Yorkie feel? If the bleeding is accompanied by pain, weakness, or prolonged pushing (to deliver a puppy) then this is serious. If the Yorkine seems comfortable and shortly after the bleeding delivers a healthy puppy then what you are describing is not unusual.