Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Just not acting the same

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Just not acting the same

Our greyhound Aruba was sitting in her bed a while ago and yelped.  I checked her bed and found nothing that would have hurt her or pinched her.  I also did a overall body check to see if I could find a sore joint, muscle or stomach.  I found nothing.  Thinking back on the day, she has been less active than usual (she is normally a little more active than most greyhounds) and she is not interested in treats.  Aruba will do ANYTHING for treats normally, so I know something is wrong.

She has been know to get into things in the past, so we checked the house for any clue that she may have eaten something that upset her stomach.  Again, we found nothing.  We decided to give her peroxide just in case she did get into something (we have had to do this a couple times in the past, she gets into stuff frequently).  All she brought up was breakfast.

She is now laying on her bed again and she just let out a few little yelps.  I am worried but don't know if I should bring her to the emergency vet being that it is Sat.

Please help!
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
6
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Greyhound
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
November 27, 2008
Please don't wait!  Take her to the emergency vet immediately!

Yelping is the sign of serious pain, which as you have said could be from anything!
Thanks for the advice!  We did bring her to the emergency vet (actually before we got your response we had already left) and we never did find out what was wrong with her.  However, the Vet did look her over and we kept an eye on her all week end.  She is fine now.  It does make me feel better about spending the money on bringing her to the emergency vet after seeing your response to my question.  My husband was a little more hesitant that I was to bring her in and then was not very happy when the vet really could not find anything or really do a whole lot (other than starting random testing that did not seem appropriate yet.)

Thanks for having such a great resource available to us!!