Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Kennel Cough..Symptoms bad..HELP

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Kennel Cough..Symptoms bad..HELP
My 6 month old dog has had a bad cough for about a week now. she has been on Clavamox antibiotics for 5 days now. Yesterday she had a loss of apetite and didnt eat. but this morning she had a bowl of food but is not eating again. She has thrown up 3 times today and has diharea. She is always sleeping and coughing really bad to the point where it seems like she is gagging at the end of her cough. what should I do now?
Your veterinarian may have to add a steroid and prescription cough medicine to her treatment regimen.  She may also require chest X-Rays to help with diagnosis.  

The diarrhea may be due to the antibiotic.  Try giving her a probiotic along with her antibiotic.  If there is no improvement,  her kennel cough may be complicated by something else such as:pneumonia or canine influenza.

Please call or take your puppy back to the vet!