Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Kitten has no energy
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Kitten has no energy

I have a kitten I have hand fed since she was 3 days old.  She was born on July 27, 2007.  I took her to the vet about 3 weeks ago for pink eye.  While we were in there I asked the vet about solids foods.  She has started eating solids food but still is not active.  She sleeps all the time....she is not playful at all.  She eats very little and is very tiny.  I am not sure what to do with her.  Please help.
Related Discussions
234713_tn?1283530259
For now your veterinarian should perform a feline leukemia and feline aids test.  If these tests are negative it is time to start vaccines.  Your cat should be on a canned diet including meat and vegetables.  Human baby food meats can also be given.   A vitamin supplement, and a colostrum supplement would also help.  Do not include any grains in her diet at all.  Cats have no need for grains of any kind.  We only include vegetables in the diet as a source of vitamins.  Pink eye can be of viral or bacterial origin.  If the suspected cause of the pink eye is herpes conjunctivitis than a lysine supplement is essential.  Lysine is an amino acid, thus very safe, and controls chronic herpes.  Since she had a poor start in life it may take her some time to catch up.  Keep me informed and I will be able to supply you with more answers as time goes on.
2 Comments
Blank
I had a cat like that once. It was always getting beaten up by her sister, Rock Sheriff. Never the less, she lived until she died and was a good cat in between. Good luck.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
234713_tn?1283530259
Aleda M Cheng, D.V.M., C.V.ABlank
American Animal Hospital
Randolph, NJ
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity