Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Kitten with a dislocated shoulder
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kitten with a dislocated shoulder

My kitten was attacked by a dog and now his shoulder is dislocated. I am a student and cannot afford to take him to the vet, is there anything I can do without going to the vet? If there is not, is there some sort of reduced cost facility I could take him to?
Type of Animal
:  
Cat
Age of Animal
:  
3-4 months
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
mix
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
January 15, 2009
Related Discussions
234713_tn?1283530259
Please try to get a Care Credit credit card either online or at a vet's office.  The dog's owner, if known should take some responsibility.
3 Comments
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
First of all, understand that the cat is probably in a great deal of pain right now. Imagine if your arm was dangling loose from your shoulder.

It's not something you can fix yourself. A vet will have to take x-rays to see if it's a luxation or if there's a break in the coracoid process some place. Yes, the cat may even need surgery.

I don't know what clinics you have in your area but do call as many as you can and see if they'll agree to a payment plan. Some do, some don't. Please don't let this slide over the weekend. It could cause more damage to his shoulder (bones, tendons, soft tissue).
Blank
Thank you for your advice, I took him to the vet and he is doing fine now. The care credit made it possible, thank you so much for telling me about it.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
234713_tn?1283530259
Aleda M Cheng, D.V.M., C.V.ABlank
American Animal Hospital
Randolph, NJ
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity