Animal Health - General Expert Forum
Kitten with diarrhea
About This Forum:

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kitten with diarrhea

I got my kitten about a month and a half ago and when I first got her she had some abscess on her neck where I started to treat them myself and they seemed to be getting better.  About three weeks ago I took her to the vet because they weren't fully healed and she seemed to have a bit of a sneeze. He then decided to put her on some anti-biotic to treat the abscess as well as the small cold she had. While she was on the medication she started to have some softer stool but I didn't think to much of it since she was still eating, drinking a lot, and was VERY playful. Just over a week ago I was told to take her off the medication which I did. Yet over the last week her stool has gone from soft to almost watery, also she has been very gassy and tends to burp A LOT. I'm not sure if that is from the anti-biotic that are still in her system or am I over feeding her (I have an automatic feeder), or could it be something else. I took away her solid food and started giving her a little bit of chicken baby food (just chicken and chicken broth) and a tiny bit of yogurt incase of the anti-biotic has killed off good bacteria in her stomach. Is that the right thing to do? Please help. Thanks =]
Type of Animal
:  
Kitten
Age of Animal
:  
3 months
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Siamese seal point
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
January 01, 2010
City
:  
Tempe
State/Province
:  
AZ
Country
:  
United States